Access to and use of peterjmerrigan.co.uk is provided by Peter J Merrigan subject to the following terms:
By using peterjmerrigan.co.uk you agree to be legally bound by any terms and conditions that are in effect on this site. These shall take effect immediately upon your first use of peterjmerrigan.co.uk. If you do not agree to be legally bound by all the following terms please do not access and/or continue to use peterjmerrigan.co.uk.
Peterjmerrigan.co.uk may change these terms at any time without prior notice before publishing changes online. Please review these terms regularly to ensure you are aware of any changes made by peterjmerrigan.co.uk. Your continued use of peterjmerrigan.co.uk after changes are published, means you agree to be legally bound by these terms as updated and/or amended.
1. THE INFORMATION CONTAINED WITHIN THIS WEBSITE LOCATED AT WWW.PETERJMERRIGAN.CO.UK (HEREAFTER “THE WEBSITE”), INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO TEXTUAL COPY, GRAPHICS, EXCERPTS, PHOTOGRAPHS AND PERSONAL INFORMATION REGARDING PETER J MERRIGAN AND HIS ASSOCIATES, FAMILY AND FRIENDS, IS COPYRIGHT © PETER J MERRIGAN AND/OR HIS REPRESENTATIVES, 2013-2017, AND SHOULD NOT BE REPRODUCED STORED OR TRANSMITTED IN ANY WAY, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, WITHOUT THE EXPRESS WRITTEN PERMISSION OF PETER J MERRIGAN.
1.1. CLARIFICATION: You may not copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use THE WEBSITE content in any way.
2. You agree to use THE WEBSITE only for lawful purposes, and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else’s use and enjoyment of THE WEBSITE. Prohibited behaviour includes harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any person, transmitting obscene or offensive content or disrupting the normal flow of dialogue within THE WEBSITE.
3. You agree to be obliged of the following terms:
3.1. You will not use THE WEBSITE, or any part thereof, for any illegal purposes, and agree to use it in accordance with all relevant and applicable laws and statutes pertaining to the governance of UK and/or global legal requirements.
3.2. Cookies may be used by THE WEBSITE and/or by wordpress.org, upon which THE WEBSITE content is made available, and you agree to accept such terms and conditions as is necessary to access THE WEBSITE.
3.3. You will not use THE WEBSITE in a way that may cause THE WEBSITE to be interrupted, damaged, rendered less efficient or such that the effectiveness or functionality of THE WEBSITE is in any way impaired.
3.4. You will not use THE WEBSITE in any manner which violates or infringes the rights of any person, firm or company (including, but not limited to, rights of intellectual property, rights of confidentiality, copyrights or rights of privacy).
4. INDEMNITY: You agree to be fully responsible for (and fully indemnify us against) all claims, liability, damages, losses, costs and expenses, including legal fees, suffered by us and arising out of any breach of the Conditions by you or any other liabilities arising out of your use of THE WEBSITE, or the use by any other person accessing THE WEBSITE using your PC, tablet, internet-enabled phone, or any other current or future internet-enabled device, or internet access account.
5. OUR RIGHTS: We reserve the right to:
5.1. modify or withdraw, temporarily or permanently, THE WEBSITE (or any part thereof) with or without notice to you and you confirm that we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification to or withdrawal of THE WEBSITE; and/or
5.2 change these Terms & Conditions from time to time, and your continued use of THE WEBSITE (or any part thereof) following such change shall be deemed to be your acceptance of such change. It is your responsibility to check regularly to determine whether the Conditions have been changed. If you do not agree to any change to the Conditions then you must immediately stop using THE WEBSITE.
5.3. We will use our reasonable endeavours to maintain THE WEBSITE. THE WEBSITE is subject to change from time to time. You will not be eligible for any compensation because you cannot use any part of the Website or because of a failure, suspension or withdrawal of all or part of THE WEBSITE due to circumstances beyond our control.
6. You accept that THE WEBSITE might not always contain the most up-to-date and accurate information, even though we will endeavour to maintain it as such, and we cannot be held responsible or liable for outdated and/or incorrect or non-factual information where we have believed that such information, at the time of press, has been deemed correct and factual.
7. YOUR DATA: As stated in section 3 paragraph 2 of these Conditions, cookies may be stored by THE WEBSITE and/or by wordpress.org (and its associates and subsidiaries), and you agree to this Condition.
7.1. We respect your personal information and undertake to comply with any and all applicable UK Data Protection legislation available to us.
7.2. THE WEBSITE will endeavour not to release any personal information to third parties unless instructed to do so by legal representatives, including but not limited to local police officials if requested to do so.
7.3. If you have any dispute regarding THE WEBSITE’S use of your personal data, you must submit your complaint to THE WEBSITE administrators (cf. the Contact Form) within fourteen (14) days of the complaint arising.
8. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
8.1. You acknowledge and agree that all copyright, trade marks and all other intellectual property rights in all material or content supplied as part of THE WEBSITE shall remain at all times vested in us or our licensors. You are permitted to use this material only as expressly authorised by us.
8.2. You acknowledge and agree that the material and content contained within the Website is made available for your personal non-commercial use only and that you may download such material and content onto only one computer hard drive for such purpose. Any other use of the material and content of THE WEBSITE is strictly prohibited. You agree not to (and agree not to assist or facilitate any third party to) copy, reproduce, transmit, publish, display, distribute, commercially exploit or create derivative works of such material and content.
8.3 THE WEBSITE, including but not limited to novel excerpts, news articles, stories and personal information, is copyright Peter J Merrigan 2017. All rights reserved.